FIND A SOLUTION AT AmericanWritingHelp.com
Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing
209MAE Design and Sustainability
Assignment Brief 2017/18
Design and Sustainability
Coursework Title (e.g. CWK1)
Coursework 1 – RESIT
Hand out date:
26 May 2018
02 July 2018
Estimated Time (hrs): 20
Word Limit*: 1500
Coursework type: Report
% of Module Mark
Submission arrangement online via CUMoodle:
File types and method of recording: Submit a single continuous document via the 209MAE turnitin link provided in Moodle by 18:00 hours
Mark and Feedback date: within 15 working days
Mark and Feedback method: Moodle
Module Learning Outcomes Assessed:
Define a problem to include consideration of environment, sustainability, health and safety, risk assessment [IMechE_D1,S3], customer and user needs, aesthetics [IMechE_D2], cost [IMechE_D3], codes of practice and industry standards [IMechE_P6]
Demonstrate awareness of nature of intellectual property and contractual issues [IMechE_P5]
Apply creative tools to establish innovative solutions [IMechE_D4]
Manage the design process and evaluate outcomes [IMechE_D6].
Develop effective project management techniques within individual and group work and communicate effectively through written and verbal presentation
Task and Mark distribution:
· Identify ethical issues of product sustainability, safety and compliance [10%]
· Assess product functionality (FAST) & mechanical loading [10%]
· Identify customer and market requirements (QFD) [10%]
· Produce a Product Design Specification for an innovative new design [20%]
· Generate 3 detailed concepts, based on the Product Design Specification, and use an appropriate selection method to justify a preferred concept [20%]
· Assess material, cost and manufacturing implications (DFM/ DFA) for your preferred concept. [20%]
· Report presentation and referencing [10%]
1. You are expected to use the CUHarvard referencing format. For support and advice on how this students can contact Centre for Academic Writing (CAW).
2. Please notify your registry course support team and module leader for disability support.
3. Any student requiring an extension or deferral should follow the university process as outlined here.
4. The University cannot take responsibility for any coursework lost or corrupted on disks, laptops or personal computer. Students should therefore regularly back-up any work and are advised to save it on the University system.
5. If there are technical or performance issues that prevent students submitting coursework through the online coursework submission system on the day of a coursework deadline, an appropriate extension to the coursework submission deadline will be agreed. This extension will normally be 24 hours or the next working day if the deadline falls on a Friday or over the weekend period. This will be communicated via email and as a CUMoodle announcement.
6. Assignments that are more than 10% over the word limit wil…
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)