FIND A SOLUTION AT Academic Writers Bay
You are required to write a 2000 word essay on a patient readmission. This topic needs addressing in order to improve nursing standards/ practise.You are required to develop recommendations and strategies for future professional development for nurses.
Your essay should include responses to the following questions:
1. What is the issue? (Readmission)
a. Describe readmission in clinical practice
b. Explain why there is an issue; in other words explore why the issue exists. Areas to concentrate on include theprevalence or extent of the issue, impact on patient care, nursing standards, nursing practice, policies and procedures ; link to ANMCCompetency Standards
c. Using Gibbs Reflective cycle (available on the course website and below) critically reflect in the issue you have raised by incorporating what you have observed in clinical practice
d. Support your reflection by identifying and discussing what research findings report about the issue. Examine both Australian and International literature.
2. What recommendations would you make for future professional development for nurses?
a. Base recommendations on your own experiences (critical reflection) and evidenced-based literature so that you can support your recommendations with references
b. Provide strategies to implement the recommendations
Present your material in an academic essay style (please refer to style manuals available in the library if you are unsure of an essay format). Ensure that your essay adheres to the following requirements:
A marking criteria sheet should be attached to your assignment. Marks will be deducted for failure to include this with your submission.
The assignment is to be stapled in the top left-hand corner. No plastic covers or folders please.
Attach an assignment cover page to the assignment prior to submission. The cover page should outline your student name, student number, course code, course name, due date, word count, semester and year.
Ensure an actual word count is also included on the cover page. Your essay may have + or minus 10% (200 words) of the designated word count of 2000 words, including in-text references. Word counts above 2200 or below 1800 words will be penalised.
Include a footer with your name and student number and page numbers.
Use a separate page for the reference list. The reference list is not included in the word count.
Reference according to APA 6th, which is the standard referencing style for the School. Refer to the course website for details about this or go to:http://www.griffith.edu.au/library/workshops-training/self-help-resources/referencing
You must present your essay in the traditional academic essay style (no headings) or in the style exemplified in:
Lange, F. (2009). Nursing management of subarachnoid haemorrhage: A reflective case study. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 5 (10), 463-470.
Refer to course website.
Use double line spacing for the text in your assignment, left and right justify, and ensure margins of 3.17cm on the right and left of the page. This makes your essay easier to read and provides room for the marker’s comments.
A minimum of 15 references are required to support your essay. References should be mostly peer-reviewed journal articles, published within the last seven years. However, you can use older references if they are seminal work.
Font: Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point.
Submit your essay through Safe Assign
The links below will assist you to develop your understanding of reflection.
Guidance to complete the task
1. 1.The first thing you need to do is to identify a situation you were involved in/observed in clinical practice. You must choose a nursing topic that you feel needs addressing in order to improve nursing standards/ practise. The situation you choose will set up the entire assessment, so think carefully about an event during your prac that had an impact on you. It is better to examine a specific situation and reflect on it in-depth, rather than looking at a broader situation and reflecting on it superficially. For example your situation might be:
· Observing a clinician breaching policy by incorrectly disposing of sharps
· Poor communication of healthcare information from doctor/nurse to patient
· Poor pain management of a terminally ill pt
2. 2. From this, you need to describe the clinical situation (readmission) you observed (this is the first step in the Gibbs reflective cycle). This sets the reader up in understanding the situation you experienced. There is NO REFLECTIONin this part…it is purely descriptive. This description should take on all angles of the situation (e.g. you, pt, other staff, and environment) and can include the reactions of others that you observed (e.g. I saw the pt cry). I suggest you write this description out by the end of this week, because then you can ‘set it aside and begin to reflect on it’. Over the next few weeks carry a pen and paper with you, and when moments of reflection arise, jot your ideas down.
3. Next, you need to explain why the situation you described is of concern. You can use ‘I’ in this section as appropriate. For example, if your situation is the poor pain management in terminally ill pt, then you need to (from the literature):
a. Identify the extent of the issue (example, poor pain management in terminally ill pt)
b. Identify the impact on pt care (emotional, physical, quality of care)
c. Identify the impact on nursing practice (access to resources/education)
d. Implications on the organisation’s policy/procedure (is there a policy, what is it)
e. Link it to the ANMC standards
4. Critically reflect (use ‘I’ in this section) on your situation using the Gibbs reflective cycle by answering:
a. What were you thinking and feeling?
b. What was good/bad about the experience?
c. Your analysis of the situation
d. What else could you have done at the time?
e. What would you do (same/different) if you experienced this situation in the future
In this section, you need to support your reflection by identifying and discussing what research findings report about the issue/situation.
5. What recommendations would you make for future professional development for nurses? Recommendations can relate to one/all of the following areas: education, research, clinical practice and policy
a. These recommendations are based on:
· your own experiences (critical reflection…no references needed but make sure you state clearly these recommendations are based solely from you reflection of this situation) and
· evidenced-based literature so that you can support your recommendations with references
b. finally provide strategies to implement the recommendations you have identified (e.g. workshop developed to implement education program you recommended)
You are required to write a 2000 word essay on a patient readmission. This topic needs addressing in order to improve nursing standards/ practise.You are required to develop recommendations and strategies for future professional development for nurses. Practical Applications
Rate this Solution
Is this question part of your Assignment?
Custom Written Work
Guaranteed on Time
Achieve the Grade You ordered
Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
(USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
>> CLICK HERE TO ORDER 100% ORIGINAL PAPERS FROM Academic Writers Bay <<